Question re: youtube-dl

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jul 25 23:06:30 UTC 2017

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 22:50:09 +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> from  JD:
>
> On 07/25/2017 03:07 PM, InvalidPath wrote:
> > Wrong mailing list I think
>
> > On Jul 25, 2017 2:31 PM, "JD" <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi all youtube-dl users,
> >> Can this program find and download a vid with a rather specific substring
> >> in the URL of the vid?
> >> A substring such as:
> >> "0AmvYqE0amg" for example.
> >> Thanx for the syntax of how to do this.
>
> > Hmmm.... So this list does not allow Off Topic questions about programs that
> > are used in FreeBSD?
> > Or, R U making up a non-extant rule?
>
> I think this message might be more on-topic for freebsd-ports at freebsd.org.

My impression (and by no means an exact measure of reality!)
is that most users who might be able to answer are subscribed
to the general freebsd-question@ list, which is an excellent
place to "first ask" and then maybe be redirected to a more
specific mailing list. In this specific case (simple question,
simple answer), asking at freebsd-ports@ might be considered
more off-topic there than on this list. But basically, all
different views are totally valid.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany