portsnap

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Sat Jul 22 00:59:07 UTC 2017

from  Friedrich Locke:

> How to specify to portsnap the version of ports i want.
> Currently, i believe, i am using ports -current. I want to use the stable version.

> Thanks.

I don't think you can.  Try "man portsnap": does not work on my system because I built without portsnap or svnlite, figuring to use the real subversion instead, from NetBSD if not from FreeBSD.

But you could build devel/subversion from the current ports tree and then checkout the desired ports tree branch.

I use only the current ports tree, and in NetBSD, the current (as opposed to quarterly) pkgsrc.

I figure if something doesn't work quite right and I want the next version, I don't want to have to wait for the next quarter-year.

Tom