How to fix wx error ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 22:13:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 10.3 amd64. I had an internet outage for about 20 days, and got network connectivity again yesterday.

When I started the system again yesterday, pkg conked out with the complaint that it was not able to find packages for release 10 under quarterly. 'pkg update -f' did not help; so I reinstalled the system  : - )

The reinstall has consumed me the last 24 hours, but I am pretty much done.  Except for one error - audacity refuses to start with this message :

Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6,compatible with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatible with 2.6,compatible with 2.8).

Google search suggests this error has something to do with wx widgets libraries. So I deleted all wx packages and audacity, and built audacity from /usr/ports. That however does not help. I continue to get the same error.

Thanks for any help on how to fix this.
Manish Jain