firefox-45 / 50 issues

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jan 26 09:18:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 04:43:08 +0000 (UTC), Jin Guojun wrote:
> 10.3 Release has firefox-45 on initial installation. This firefox
> (45) does not support Chinese, which is displayed as squares.Does
> anyone happen to know how to make Chinese working on firefox 45?

You probably did not install the required fonts. If I remember
correctly, zh-CJKUnifonts are recommended (chinese characters
working for me). I have also installed zh-arphicttf, zh-ttf2pt1,
and zh-ttfm, in case it should matter.

> Tried to upgrade to firefox 50.1.0_6,1 released today, but got
> following errors:
> /usr/local/lib/libdbus-1.so.3: version LIBDBUS_1_3 required by /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so not defined
>
>  dbus 1.8.20 is currently installed. Does anyone one know which
> dbus release contains proper LIBDBUS_1_3 version string for firefox-50?

No idea, my system is "dbus-free" for 5+ years, but I'd imagine
that if you first remove both (Firefox _and_ DBus), then install
Firefox, it should recursively install the correct DBus version
that works with the version of Firefox you're about to install...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany