FreeBSD 11, Xfce, and printing

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Wed Jan 25 05:10:41 UTC 2017

On 01/22/17 23:59, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 23:29:25 -0800, David Christensen wrote:

>>> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/cups/

I followed along with the above article.

Pages 1 and 2 were uneventful.

On page 3 (Configuring the CUPS Print Server), the following files do
not exist on my system:

/usr/local/etc/cups/mime.types
/usr/local/etc/cups/mime.convs

Perhaps the recommended setting:

application/octet-stream

Is already in the source code (?):

toor at freebsd:/root # grep octet-stream -r /usr/local/include/cups
/usr/local/include/cups/cups.h:#  define CUPS_FORMAT_AUTO
"application/octet-stream"

Page 4 was uneventful.

I didn't need to go any further -- the CUPS web user interface works and
the printer dialogs in LibreOffice and eVince work.

Thanks, everyone, for the help.  :-)

David