stop charging laptop battery when full

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Sun Jan 22 20:37:09 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se> wrote:

On 2017-01-20 18:11, Matthias Apitz wrote:

>> While charging, is there a way to stop the charging when
>> hw.acpi.battery.life reached 100 to protect the (LI-ion) battery?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>         matthias
>>

> The simplest way is to use a timer.

Do you use a clock to tell if the water in your bath is too hot?

Do you use a watch to determine if you have reached your destination in a
car?

It is taking all the restraint I can muster not to label that the least
helpful bit of advice I have read here. Oops. It slipped out.

--
"Well," Brahma said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
wiser, but an intelligent person requires only two thousand five hundred."

- The Mahābhārata