Unable to change ownership on USB device

Gerard Seibert carmel_ny at outlook.com
Thu Jan 19 21:25:54 UTC 2017

I have several USB devices, all formatted with FAT32 or exFat. I can
mount them on my FreeBSD 11 machine; however, I cannot change the file
ownership on the device. I have a rsync script for backing up the
"/var/mail/vmail" and it subdirectories that are created by dovecot. I
cannot use the script to back up to the USB drive since it cannot
change the file ownership.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. My question is how do I change
the ownership of a mounted USB drive formated with FAT32 or exFat?

--
Carmel