Does someone keep track of how long it takes to buildworld/kernel?

Sergei Akhmatdinov sakhmatd at riseup.net
Wed Jan 18 06:04:00 UTC 2017

Just did a world+kernel after the recent OpenSSH announcement.

World took 2h13m, kernel took 10m. I usually run time -lh with my makes, but I
accidentally closed my terminal and forgot to log the full output, so I'll just
give you real time from memory.

I'm running 11-STABLE, kernel is custom.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3210M 2.50GHz
8GB of RAM

Running ZFS and using ccache for world and kernel. I recall kernel taking about
30 minutes to compile on first run, so it looks like ccache shaved that by a
lot. Don't recall how long it took to make world the first time.

Cheers,
--
Sergei Akhmatdinov

My GPG public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys AD800D99