FreeBSD 11 & libressl

marcel marcel.plouf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 03:15:22 UTC 2017

Le Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:06:02 +0000,
Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org> a écrit :

> On 01/13/17 09:19, marcel wrote:
> > I try to build FreeBSD 11 with libressl instead of openssl.
> > I have tried several times but when I type openssl version, I always
> > have Openssl freebsd... instead of LibreSSL...
> > This time, I've followed this link https://github.com/Sp1l/LibreBSD,
> > I've applied the patch, etc but when I make buildworld, it stops
> > with this error:
> >
> > bmake[4]: exec(/bin/sh) failed (Argument list too long)
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > bmake[4]: stopped in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > I've searched for this error, but all results report to a
> > programation problems, but I am not a developer...
> >
> > The only things that is different of the LibreBSD github process is
> > my make.conf and my src.conf. Here they are:
> >
> > make.conf
> > MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER?=4
> > WITHOUT_X11=YES
> > DOC_LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1
> > NO_SENDMAIL=true
> > WITHOUT_MODULES=ng_bluetooth
> >
> > src.conf
> > WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=sound
> > WITHOUT_AMD=yes
> > WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=yes
> > WITHOUT_BSDINSTALL=yes
> > WITHOUT_FLOPPY=yes
> > WITHOUT_GAMES=yes
> > WITHOUT_HYPERV=yes
> > WITHOUT_ZFS=yes
> > WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes
> >
> > So, I don't understand why my make buildworld ends with error...
> >
> > And I believed that libressl will be native in FreeBSD 11, am I
> > wrong ?
>
> Bernard's LibreBSD project is very much a work in progress, and not
> really suitable for people that /aren't/ developers.
>
> What OS version are you starting from?  There are known problems
> building 11 on some earlier versions.  I recommend that you start by
> upgrading to regular FreeBSD 11.0 as supplied by the project -- maybe
> even do a clean install on a new drive.  Then try Bernard's patches to
> build the system with LibreSSL rather than OpenSSL from there.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Oooh I thought it was "nearly"-release and ok to build without being
developer.

First, I tried with FreeBSD 10.3 STABLE but I was not following step by
step the process and then I decided to upgrade to FreeBSD 11 STABLE
because why not (I know it's a little bit stupid...) and followed step
by step the process.

What did you mean by regular FreeBSD 11 ?

Thanks for reply !

Regards.