spamassassin not lethal anymore

Russell L. Carter rcarter at pinyon.org
Thu Jan 12 21:58:18 UTC 2017

On 01/11/17 16:18, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Wed, January 11, 2017 4:00 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>> Milter greylist also helps considerably
>>

> I'm usually using sqlgrey for greylisting. In addition to that I'm using
> amavisd (that harnesses spamassassin, clamav (and/or other anti-viruses, -
> yes, I have windows people receiving their mail on our UNIX servers), and
> variety of distributed spam signature databases. Also, in postfix
> configuration (that we use as MTA) we add some RBLs:
>
>         reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
>         reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
>         reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
>
> I hope, this helps.

I had hoped I wouldn't need to do a deep dive on state-of-the-art
spam killing, but it's 2017 and the game has gotten tougher.

Thanks for these suggestions.  I'm implementing greylisting, pyzor,
razor, and the above client_recipient_restrictions.  dcc I don't
quite understand yet.

I think I'll phase this stuff in, with greylisting first, and see
what happens to the spam flow for each step.  I am a little wary
of putting even more chunks of perl and python into the critical
path.

Thanks a lot for the help, everyone.

Russell
(I just had a sad laugh recalling that I used to set up a mail server
  in 1995 using sendmail... and nothing else but exmh as the client)