ramifications of tweaks to subject line

Karl Young karly at kipshouse.org
Thu Jan 12 19:01:30 UTC 2017

It depends on the MUA.  I use Mutt, which uses the In-Reply-To header
for threading, so changing the subject doesn't affect threading.

I'm fairly certain that	not all MUAs use this header, or even insert it.

RFC2822 says:

    in-reply-to  SHOULD occur in some replies - see 3.6.4

    references   SHOULD occur in some replies - see 3.6.4

-karl

Gary Aitken(freebsd at dreamchaser.org)@2017.01.12 11:51:19 -0700: