Is there a dedicated mail client for list messages ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:00:01 UTC 2017

On 01/12/17 18:35, roberthuff at rcn.com wrote:
> Could you be a little more specific?
> 	My first take is you're getting the list as a digest, which
> needs to be converted into its component e-mails.  But that sounds
> like an issue someone of your experience would understand and have
> solved.
> 	If I'm wrong about the latter:
> 	1) There's a way to "burst" a digest in Thunderbird.  I don't
> remember /how/ off the top of my head, but I know I can do it.  If you
> don't like the native method Google reports at least one add-on.
> 	2) My default client is VM under emacs, which can burst a
> digest in no more than three keystrokes.
> 	I assume other modern clients can handle this as well.
>
> 	Or am I completely misunderstanding?

You got it spot on. I want to break up the digest into component mails
so that responding to a particular post becomes easier when the post has
not been addressed/cc'ed to you, only to the list.

Following a google search based on your suggestion, I have this -
There is a Thunderbird add-on Undigestify which does that job by
resending the mails individually to you.

So I have an answer there. Thanks for replying.
Manish Jain