FreeBSD running PHP on Apache24

John Howie john at thehowies.com
Wed Jan 11 22:26:24 UTC 2017

Hi James,

Is PHP5 installed on your system? Run "pkg info” to see if it is. It is probably listed as:

mod_php55-5.5.38_2             PHP Scripting Language

—OR—

mod_php56-5.6.29               PHP Scripting Language

If it is not you will need to install it using “pkg install mod_php55” or “pkg install mod_php56” depending on your preference. Once installed you can configure Apache.

Type “pkg search php5” to get a list of available PHP5 packages you can install.

You can also choose to build whatever you need from Ports (/usr/ports/www), especially if you have no-default installation requirements.

Regards,

John