No dialogue for `make config` after upgrade to 11.0 [SOLVED]

Brandon J. Wandersee brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:30:04 UTC 2017

Odhiambo Washington writes:
> I think fresh installs should be a lot easier now that I have experienced
> this!
>
> The solution is delete all ports, then install them afresh all at ago, not
> just one by one :-(.

That's normal for major version upgrades. The Handbook says as much:
whether you upgrade FreeBSD from source or using `freebsd-update`, or
just install FreeBSD from scratch, you'll need to (re)install your ports
or packages. So it's always been.

There is a work-around in the form of the "misc/compatXx" ports
(e.g. misc/compat10x) that will allow you to temporarily continue
working with your currently installed ports while the upgrade is in
progress. If you just use packages, upgrading everything at once is
fine.

--
::  Brandon J. Wandersee
::  brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
::  'The best design is as little design as possible.'