how to expand zpool

Motty Cruz motty.cruz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:13:14 UTC 2017

Hello, my enclosure has a total of 12 HDD, I have two groups of 5 HDD 1TB
each. I need to expand the zpool and purchase 2TB HDD. What is the best way
to expand the zpool without deleting   any data?

# zpool status

  pool: tank

state: ONLINE

  scan: resilvered 663G in 3h10m with 0 errors on Mon Feb 27 12:26:24 2017

config:

                NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM

                tank           ONLINE       0     0     0

                  raidz2-0     ONLINE       0     0     0

                    c01  ONLINE       0     0     0

                    c02  ONLINE       0     0     0

                    c03  ONLINE       0     0     0