Serial port ttyS0

scrat baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Mon Feb 13 14:59:02 UTC 2017

uname -a

desktop.example.org 11.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p7 #0 r312817

I am trying to hookup a raspberrypi2 ( running FreeBSD 11.0 ) to screen
running under FreeBSD.
I have an adafruit serial to USB cable which is then connected to a USB
port.

dmesg shows that the drivers form the USB cable are loaded:

ugen7.3: <Prolific Technology Inc.> at usbus7
uplcom0: <Prolific Technology Inc. USB-Serial Controller, class 0/0, rev
2.00/3.00, addr 3> on usbus7

the information I have obtained tells me do this:

screen /dev/ttyS0 115200

I have no entry /dev/ttyS0 and I don't know why.

How does one configure /dev/ttyS0?

I have this working under PC Linux.

Thanks