FreeBSD ZeroWindow and Dup Ack problem

Sergey E. Ponomarev <pse@aaagroup.ru> pse at aaagroup.ru
Sat Feb 11 08:09:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

  I'm using squid 3.5.22 on FreeBSD 10.3 server with Kerberos AD Auth.

  Recently, I noticed an extreamly large number of packets to and from
squid.

  Tcpdump shows a lot of TCP ZeroWindow and TCP Dup Ack packages to/from
different windows hosts (see attachment, pay attention to time column).

  Huge amount of small packets, It's really looks like a DOS.

I think that the DUP ACK packets should be sent with a certain delay,
but I can not find this setting.

  I tried to delete all settings from /boot/loader.conf and
/etc/sysctl.conf with no luck.

  Thanks for any help.

--
Best regards,