vt(4) iso-8859-1 latin accentuated characters do not show on console

Vitalio D v.dol_s at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:13:04 UTC 2017

Hello, again :)

It's just got even more weird.
Actually I was quick on a reply button. It still does not work. Well ...
After reboot I can type é chars and see them at login prompt, but as soon as I get the shell prompt I can't do so any more! (my shell is csh and TERM=xterm).

So I removed altogether ~/.login_conf (I though may be I've messed something with my :charset=UTF-8:), but still the same result: I can type 'é'  on login: but not after.
Any ideas?

It's super weird.