Does wine64 actually work?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:01:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

On a FreeBSD 10.3 amd64 box, I am writing some documentation about Wine.

I have been using wine32 for quite a while now, and it works remarkably
well. wine64 on the contrary seems to be a minefield.

I deleted my ~/.wine (which has 32-bit-stuff), installed the wine pkg
(which is 64-bit), and tried running a few binaries (notepad.exe and
mspaint.exe) under wine64 from Win 7 as well 10.

All I could get was trash (or nothing at all).

Is there anyone on this list who has had success running 7/10 binaries
under wine64 ?

The problem seems to be not just with FreeBSD. Linux vm also produces
trash with 64-bit Windows binaries.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Manish Jain