Is there any Vala manual available ?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Aug 30 17:32:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:26:11 +0000, Manish Jain wrote:
> I am trying to pick up proficiency in Vala, and am wondering if Vala has
> some technical documentation, something like MSDN help for VC++/VB.
>
> I often need to check out signatures of API functions ( e.g.
> Thread.Create() ), and am having to resort to google searches and
> trial-and-error - which surely is not a pleasant thing.
>
> I installed DevHelp which seems to be just the thing I needed. It has
> documentation for almost all programming areas and even has a section
> titled Vala Reference. The Vala section, however, is entirely empty.

Maybe this helps:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/Documentation

But note the first paragraph:

	We're still working on documenting the whole language.
	The current draft can be found at Manual. It covers
	most of the language and is heavily annotated, but
	may contain mistakes.

Probably not really what you're looking for (like something with
a "statement index")...

http://www.vala-project.org/doc/vala/

https://valadoc.org/

It seems that documentation is not a top priority. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany