Freebsd under windows 10

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:05:03 UTC 2017

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 12:42:02 -0400, Ernie Luzar wrote:
>The Microsoft September Windows 10 update is providing a method for
>installing Unix flavored operating systems [IE: Linux, Ubuntu, SUSE and
>Fedora]   under windows 10.

That's Kafkaesque, if a Linux or FreeBSD user should need a Windows
app, I recommend to run Windows 7 (in words "seven") in a VM under Linux
or FreeBSD. Let alone that Ubuntu, SUSE and Fedora are not
comparable to Gentoo, Arch Linux and similar distros, that without
doubts are more likely comparable to BSD principles, than Ubuntu and
similar distros. If a Windows user is interested in Linux or FreeBSD, I
strongly recommend to become familiar with a real Linux or FreeBSD
install, instead of running it under a broken Microsoft OS.