Scripting wifi connections

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 13:52:37 UTC 2017

Hi all,

 Sometimes I need to use two wifi connections at the same time. Actually, my FreeBSD laptop is configured to use source routing (via setfib+pf rules) to accomplish this. But I need more flexibility: choose how many connections to use, setup a wpa_spplicant.conf's file "on the fly", etc.

 My current config in rc.conf is:

dhclient_fib="1"
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
wlans_urtwn0="wlan1"
ifconfig_wlan0="country ES WPA SYNCDHCP fib 1 group egress"

 As you can see, I can only have one wlan interface properly configured. And my idea is to build a script to setup configurations "on the fly".

 Any tip or idea?

Thanks.

--
Greetings,