How to block facebook access

Duane Whitty duane at nofroth.com
Fri Aug 25 20:42:07 UTC 2017

On 17-08-19 03:20 PM, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> Hello list;
>
> Running 11.1 & ipfilter with LAN behind the gateway server. LAN users
> are using their work PC's to access facebook during work.
>
> What method would recommend to block all facebook access?
>
> `

Not sure if I missed this but did you say whether the users on you LAN
are tech savvy?  If they understand networking which of the above
solutions, other than white-listing, would prevent one of them from
setting up a web proxy at an address they control?  Maybe they might
even be really clever/motivated and take turns running a proxy at
different addresses :-)

Best Regards,
Duane

--