VPS that will run xBSD

Kristof Provost kristof at sigsegv.be
Thu Aug 24 15:50:16 UTC 2017

On 24 Aug 2017, at 17:23, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> On Thu, August 24, 2017 8:33 am, Kristof Provost wrote:
>> I use Gandi (https://www.gandi.net/) myself.
>
> I had one user in the departmen who had hos private server at
> gandi.net,
> and that as mail server was misconfigured (fell under several
> definitions
> in http://rfcignorant.net/). I don't know whose fault was that, the
> user
> or that of provider. If you are going to use gandi.net, check what DNS
> settings will be for your mail server, so you will not end up as my
> user.

I’m going to blame your user for that one.  If you rent an unmanaged
machine
(virtual or otherwise) the management and configuration of that machine
is up
to you.

It’s perfectly possible to register a domain with company A, host the
DNS with
B and point it at a machine with company C.  There’s no way for either
A, B or
C to ensure that your overall configuration is correct. That’s on you.

Regards,
Kristof