Try anydesk under FreeBSD : probably the best/easiest RDC application ever

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 05:45:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am usually quite late to knowing of new technologies. A friend of
suggested using anydesk for taking control of his desktop (which I
thought would not be possible because both of use private, non-static
IP's). Despite my qualms, within a few minutes I was able to take
control of his Linux desktop from my FreeBSD box.

For anyone interested, I am pasting the notes of what is to be done to
get anydesk running under FreeBSD :

1) [ probably the trickiest step ] : download anydesk from anydesk
website. The 'trick' is that the default download is i386, whereas folks
now usually use amd64. You have to cancel the default download box,
choose the 64-bit package manually, and then start the download.

2) pkg install gtkglext
3) kldload mqueuefs
4) unzip tarball + chmod binary + run anydesk

Hope this helps someone.
Manish Jain