sendmail seperate mta/msa processes

Edgar Pettijohn edgar at pettijohn-web.com
Sun Aug 6 15:27:50 UTC 2017

Currently my mail server is working well enough. However, I would like to try setting up multiple sendmail processses with their own configurations. So I can have one running on port 25 with spam milters, no relays allowed, and deliver mail to dovecot lmtp. Then have a seperate process with its own config running on port 587 that requires tls+auth before it relays.

Is this something people do regularly and is easy to implement? Or is it one of those things that after I begin I will wish I had never attempted.

Thanks in advance,

Edgar