How to suppress boot up messages from sysutils/automount

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 13:02:51 UTC 2017

When I boot I get a lot of junk messages (hints about how to configure it)
form sysutils/automount while I want to keep automount in the startup I
want to suppress these messages -- how?

Note without both settings below it does not automount my flash drive
(da4)... also coping /usr/local/etc/automount.conf.sample to
/usr/local/automount.conf (with appropriate edits) doesn't make the
messages go away:

I have the following in my rc.conf:

autofs_enable="YES"

and the following in devd.conf:

# Discard autofs caches, useful for the -media special map.
notify 100 {
        match "system" "GEOM";
        match "subsystem" "DEV";
        action "/usr/local/sbin/automount -c";