page removal

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Apr 24 10:18:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 04:24:39 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
>On the bright side for our friend seeking this deletion, curiosity got
>the better of me and I took at look at the post he wants removed; I
>cannot for the life of me figure out how that post is in any way
>controversial.  I mean, I can't imagine *why* the OP could possibly
>want it removed.

Hi,

the OP and I shared several mails off-list.

Among several explanations, he's now aware of

"Note that this also means that messages sent to FreeBSD mailing lists
are archived in perpetuity. When protecting privacy is a concern,
consider using a disposable secondary email address and posting only
public information." -
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/eresources-mail.html

Unfortunately the off-list discussion obviously was fruitless. IIUC he
contacted somebody else. As a matter of principle he wants to have
control over his information.

Regards,
Ralf