Is it needed/possible to fsck under ZFS ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 13:42:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have made a FreeBSD 12-Current (amd64) installation on a single MBR slice ada0s3 (which holds just one partition ada0s3a that maps to both / and the ZFS tank root).

Under UFS, I always used to do manual fsck upon improper shutdown. But I have no idea what to do for ZFS. Is it needed (even possible ?) to fsck for ZFS ? I very much doubt that : ZFS was, as far as I know, designed with data integrity as a central concern. But still I would like to be sure.

Thanks for any information.
Manish Jain