Build error trying to build x11/cinnamon

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:19:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to build the x11/cinnamon meta-port on FreeBSD 12-CURRENT
(amd64) system on which bash/xorg/firefox/thunderbird were installed via
pkg.

While building cinnamon's bundled x11-wm/muffin port, I am running into
this failure :

core/window.c:11356: Warning: Meta: invalid "transfer" annotation for
gboolean: only valid for array, struct, union, boxed, object and
interface types
compositor/meta-window-actor.c:887: Warning: Meta: invalid "transfer"
annotation for gint: only valid for array, struct, union, boxed, object
and interface types
core/display.c:5560: Warning: Meta: invalid "transfer" annotation for
gulong: only valid for array, struct, union, boxed, object and interface
types
<unknown>:: Fatal: Meta: warnings configured as fatal
<unknown>:: Fatal: Meta: warnings configured as fatal

gmake[5]: ***
[/usr/local/share/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection:156:
Meta-Muffin.0.gir] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/x11-wm/muffin/work/muffin-2.4.4/src'
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:1349: all-recursive] Error 1

As part of my attempts to fix the situation, I have done

'make deinstall; make clean; make install' for the following ports :

devel/pygobject3-common
textproc/libxml2
devel/py-libxml2
devel/py3-libxml2
x11/libxcb
graphics/freeglut
print/freetype2
devel/gobject-introspection

While the above ports get built successfully, muffin still keeps
throwing the same error with clean build attempts. Does anyone know how
to fix this ?

Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain