10.3-stable random server reboots - finding the reason

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Tue Apr 18 13:17:22 UTC 2017

> Hello stable@
>
> I have an up-to-date 10.3 server that is randomly rebooting, after being
> up for days. Previously it had been up for many months. The problem is,
> nothing seems to be left in the logs to indicate why it's doing this. I
> have all.log and console.log enabled.
>
> So, what I'm asking is, how can I capture its last gasp?

Do you have a serial port on that server ? Use it as a console port:

1)
    echo '-Dh -S115200' > /boot.config
2)
    vi /boot/loader.conf
console="comconsole"
comconsole_speed=115200

Then: connect it to some kermit session from a different box,
and write a session log. This might capture some last gasp.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         3 years to go !