server recommendation?

Julien Cigar julien at perdition.city
Mon Apr 17 16:30:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

We plan to replace our (prehistoric) DL 380G5 with a new machine for our
main database server (running PostgreSQL). Basically we're looking for a
machine with:
- redundant power supply
- 1U form factor
- a "true" HBA mode, as we plan to use ZFS
- 32+GB of RAM

Knowing that we are on a relatively low budget (~6000€, disks included),
and that we (unfortunately) have to stick with HP, I'm looking for some
recommendations.. :)
Our workload is 90% reads / 10% writes, and we don't need that many
IOPS. I planned to choose a machine with 4 disks in a raid10-like zpool
configuration and stiick with the HP H24x HBA which are available on some
models..

Any comments ? :)

Thanks,
Julien