mail client : imap + smtp : any lightweight options?

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at kathe.in
Mon Apr 17 07:31:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have been away for a while.

Have been using a combination of mutt and msmtp as a client for
my mail system hosted with my provider attached to my personal domain.

There seem to have been a whole lot of changes and the mutt client
i had been using has undergone a whole lot of changes to the way it
is packaged, turning it into an abomination.

A little digging helped me find mutt-lite which works well, but is shown
to be a development branch.

Is there any alternative to mutt which can be considered simple yet
capable of being used for everyday mail related activities?

I checked out alpine, but the thing goes out to download Perl, which
is kinda scary.

Thanks,

~Mayuresh