fail2ban banning me

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 22:36:32 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've got fail2ban going with pf on a 10.3 system. I am now starting to
have instances of being locked out and the only way to get back in is
to do an out of banned connection via my vps.

For some reason over the past two days fail2ban is banning my remotely
connecting ip address, which is dynamic.

Fail2ban has also banned the system's local external ip address for
example 1.2.3.4 I had added that specific address to the ignoreip line
in jail.local.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dave
PS, if anyone else is using fail2ban with pf on a 10.x or 11.x system
i'd like to see your jail configurations and compare them to my own.