wifimgr (was: Re: Networkmgr)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Apr 13 10:03:20 UTC 2017

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:51:53 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día jueves, abril 13, 2017 a las 11:46:31a. m. +0200, Polytropon escribió:
>
> > In /etc/rc.conf, I currently have only: wlans_wpi0="wlan0".
> > There is no /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf because per defailt, this
> > file does not exist - and wifimgr should be the interface to
> > that kind of configuration.
>
> $ grep wlan /etc/rc.conf
> wlans_ath0="wlan0"
> ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
>
> seems to make it happy (with my existing /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file)

Thanks! This at least makes the program work. However, none of
the nearby networks is recognized, it only displays an empty
list, and re-scanning doesn't change that. However, using CLI
tools I can easily get a list of approx. 10 wireless networks.
The "WiFi on/off" button on the left also doesn't do anything,
and there is no GUI indication if the WiFi is on or off. The
corresponding LED is off (probably only flashes when there is
wireless traffic).

Now there is a /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file with only one
comment line which says that is has been written by wifimgr.
So access to that file works.

But there is nothing I could save to this file because no
network is being displayed.

Anything else I need to do?

--
Polytropon