Setting up a minimal KDE

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Apr 12 01:37:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:55:32 +0000, Manish Jain wrote:
> As for the DHCP problem that remains outstanding, this is what
> my rc.conf has :
>
> ifconfig_re0="inet 192.168.1.94 netmask 255.255.255.0"
> defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
>
> That rc clearly states that I need a static configuration. But
> dhclient still runs at system startup, losing me over a minute
> each time.

Do you maybe have more than one network interface? Or a setting
that overrides ifconfig_re0 at a later point in that file? Or a
DHCP setting for "all interfaces"? Regarding your lines mentioned
above - there should be no call to dhclient (at least not for
the re0 interface). Re-check your whole rc.conf for any DHCP
related entry (text patterns "DHCP" and "dhclient").

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany