ZFS kernel panic after power outage

Jason W. Barnes jason at barnesos.net
Tue Apr 11 22:47:17 UTC 2017

FreeBSDers:

 	After a recent power outage here I have run into trouble
whenever I try to mount, or export, or list, or do anything at all to
one of my ZFS file systems (see attached image).  It instantly goes
all "panic:  solaris assert: rs == NULL".  This is my data drive, not my
system drive, so I commented out "zfs_enable=YES" in my rc.conf and it
will now boot up after I set the system drive readonly to "off".  But I'd
like to now try to recover the damaged file system on those drives.
 	The only think that I can think of, and hope for, at this point
might be to start unplugging one of this three-drive RAID-5 at a time to
see if that might cleanse the RAID of something that might have been in
mid-write when the power went out.  Or that could metastasize the cancer.
Which would be bad.
 	I've seen occasional posts in the past with similar issues, but
without any firm solutions, so I thought that I'd ask if anyone has any
insights as to how I might attempt to recover this drive.  Thanks in
advance if you have any ideas,

 				- Jason