Unable to start VirtualBox (Re: Unable to add self to group vboxusers)

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 9 23:52:39 UTC 2017

On 04/10/17 00:09, JD wrote:

> On 04/09/2017 12:30 PM, Manish Jain wrote:

>>> I do not know how you tried to add users to a group, but here is the
>>> CLI command
>>> $ sudo |usermod -a -G wheel <username1>
>>> Unfortunately, the command only allows the addition of one user at a
>>> time :(
>>>
>> Strangely, I do not seem to have the usermod command :
>>
>> bash: usermod: command not found
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Manish Jain
>>
> Run
> sudo dnf -y install shadow-utils

a) I do not have the dnf command as well. Is there a port that I can
build to get usermod ?
b) I tried 'pw groupmod vboxusers -m <X>' a couple of times more, and
rebooted. Now I can see vboxusers among my groups. But I am still unable
to run VirtualBox. Executing VirtualBox gets me :

irtualBox: Error -10 in SUPR3HardenedMain!
VirtualBox: Effective UID is not root (euid=1001 egid=1001 uid=1001
gid=1001)

VirtualBox: Tip! It may help to reinstall VirtualBox.
/usr/home/sumit # libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device
information
libGL error: image driver extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeon
libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
VirtualBox.<br><br><!--EOM-->where: SUPR3HardenedMain
what:  2
VERR_PERMISSION_DENIED (-10) - Permission denied.

I have already done the following :

kldload'ed radeon (via /etc/rc.local)
reinstalled virtualbox-ose
again executed change of permissions for /usr/local/bin/VirtualBox and
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/* to 755

Can anyone please help me fix the system to get VirtualBox up and running ?

Thanks
Manish Jain