Is there a database built into the base system

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:00:03 UTC 2017

Chuck Swiger wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2017, at 12:27 PM, Ernie Luzar <luzar722 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking for a simple database thats comes with the base system, is there one?
>
> There's likely an old flavor of BerkeleyDB around if you just need a key-value store.
>
> If you're looking for a SQL database, start with SQLite (cf databases/sqlite3 port),
> and then look towards MySQL or Postgres.
>
> Regards,

BerkeleyDB sounds like something to look at. Did a "locate Berkeley" cmd
and nothing popped out. Is it called something else?

Writing csh scripts manipulating text files containing lists of IP
address. Don't want any port as a required dependent. I though I
remembered that BerkeleyDB came with the base system, but can not find
what its named.