port of nss-passwords

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Apr 4 09:04:24 UTC 2017

El día miércoles, marzo 29, 2017 a las 12:42:23p. m. +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> I manged to compile and install ocaml-fileutils directly from its source
> and could gmake the tool nss-passwords. It works nicely but only on the
> old signons.sqlite database, not on the logins.json file of Mozilla.
>
> Perhaps one could write a script to insert the records from logins.json
> into the old (now unused) signons.sqlite db.

I found another tool, written in Python, which can manage both storage
forms:

$ git clone https://github.com/Unode/firefox_decrypt.git
Cloning into 'firefox_decrypt'...

$ cd firefox_decrypt

$ python2.7 firefox_decrypt.py --list
1 -> sxciqikk.default

$ python2.7 firefox_decrypt.py --choice 1 --tabular
Master Password for profile /home/guru/.mozilla/firefox/sxciqikk.default:
'http://www.scrumalliance.org'	'XXXXXXXX'	'XXXXXXXXX'
'http://www.sunfreeware.com'	'XXXXXXXX'	'XXXXXXXXX'
'https://www.cups.org'	'XXXXXXXXX'	'XXXXXXXXX'
'http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca'	'XXXXXXXXX'	'XXXXXXXXX'

$ python2.7 firefox_decrypt.py --no-interactive --choice 1 --tabular
xxxx
2017-04-04 09:18:40,246 - ERROR - Master password is not correct

(i.e. --no-interactive reads from stdin)

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Aus "Nie wieder Krieg!" wurde "Nie wieder Krieg ohne Deutschlands Truppen"