bluetooth help

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Sun Apr 2 17:22:38 UTC 2017

>From freebsd at edvax.de Sun Apr  2 18:04:42 2017
>
>On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:54:41 +0100 (BST), Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> The handbook talks about "bluetooth usb dongles".
>> So do I need some other hardware to get my bluetooth to work?
>> Or am I missing the point?
>
>The term "USB dongle" refers to Bluetooth devices connected
>per USB, like "Bluetooth sticks for USB". In case your laptop
>has builtin Bluetooth, it's usually represented to the system
>as an "internal USB component", comparable to SD card readers
>or touchpads / trackpoints which identify themselves as USB
>components even though they are connected internally. So from
>the technical side, it doesn't matter if the BT device is
>internal or external, as it is clearly identified as a USB
>component.
>
>Read: All the same. ;-)

Cool...

Sorry to be dumb, but I'm still not clear if I'm only
a few config steps from a working bluetooth, or something
is broken/missing.

I'm just following the handbook, and hit this error:

# service bluetooth start ubt0
/etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0

not sure what to do next.

Thanks

Anton