i386 version in future ?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:59:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions <
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 08:33:34 -0700, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> >- 64 bit CPU will consume more power than only 32 bit  CPU .
>
> Hi,
>
> I seriously doubt that this is true. More likely a dual-core 64 bit
> does consume around half of what a 32 bit single core consumes. This at
> least is true for my old 32 bit Athlon and my currently used 64 bit
> dual core Athlon. Those 64 bit CPUs don't get nearly as hot as the old
> 32 bit CPUs do. That the newer 64 bit CPUs provide frequency scaling
> OTOH doesn't make such a big difference regarding power consumption.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

You are comparing different CPU brands with each other .

Assume that two CPUs are produced with the  SAME technology .
A 64 bit CPU will contain more circuits than a 32 bit CPU , means more
power it will use because amount of power will be proportional to  number
of circuit components and length of connection lines .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk