i386 version in future ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:14:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 08:33:34 -0700, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>- 64 bit CPU will consume more power than only 32 bit  CPU .

Hi,

I seriously doubt that this is true. More likely a dual-core 64 bit
does consume around half of what a 32 bit single core consumes. This at
least is true for my old 32 bit Athlon and my currently used 64 bit
dual core Athlon. Those 64 bit CPUs don't get nearly as hot as the old
32 bit CPUs do. That the newer 64 bit CPUs provide frequency scaling
OTOH doesn't make such a big difference regarding power consumption.

Regards,
Ralf