i386 version in future ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:52:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:22:50 +0200, Michał . wrote:
>I've stupid/not stupid question to FreeBSD Foundation.
>You have plans to stop release the i386 (32bit) version of FreeBSD
>system in next releases ?

Hi,

from where did you get this impression?

Neither Google, nor the FreeBSD homepage's search lead to such an
announcement. I only found a post about PC-BSD regarding 32 bit
support, that for PC-BSD in the meantime perhaps already is dropped.
Wikipedia mentions that FreeBSD will drop IA-64 support in 11.0,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeBSD#Portability , but I couldn't find
any information about dropping 32 bit architecture.

Regards,
Ralf