Installing ports via pkg on 11

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Sat Sep 24 20:15:21 UTC 2016

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 11:10:29 +0200
Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> You probably don't want to try and
> build all 26,000 available ports yourself -- you'ld need some pretty
> capable hardware to be able to do that in a reasonable time.
Well, I might start with 128 CPUS, then downsize to a more reasonable
four or five once the main job is done an I have just to keep track of
the updates.
My fear is that it might require some manual intervention. Even light
and easy, 26k maanual changes is a bit overkill for me...

Thank for your help,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250