intel 3160 wireless card

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Sep 18 19:00:42 UTC 2016

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 13:35:16 -0400, hot rod wrote:
> I was curious if the Intel dual band 3160 AC wireless card works out of the
> box with FreeBSD, or does it take some work to get it working under FreeBSD?

It seems to be possible with the FreeBSD -CURRENT iwm driver,
as the device is listed in the manpage:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iwm&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+12-current&arch=default&format=html

The driver is present (read: "will be present") in FreeBSD 11:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/11.0/sys/dev/iwm/

FreeBSD 10's -STABLE development branch doesn't seem to have received
this driver yet, so the current release version probably won't be able
to support this particular hardware at the moment.

You can find the iwm driver development history here:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/modules/iwm/?view=log

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany