Bios informations from UEFI machines

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Mon Sep 12 16:12:43 UTC 2016

I have a laptop which is a 5 hundred kilometer away from my office just
now, and I wish to ask it some info on what motherboard it is running on.
It is running FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p4 and it is a Toshiba satellite of
some kind. Sysinfo tells me to ask dmidecode:

root at morduke:~ # sysinfo system
Generated by SysInfo v1.0.1 by Daniel Gerzo

System information

INFO: Run `dmidecode -t system` to see further information.

Base board information

INFO: Run `dmidecode -t baseboard` to see further information.

Though dmidecode seems unable to answer:

root at morduke:~ # dmidecode -t baseboard
# dmidecode 3.0
Scanning /dev/mem for entry point.
# No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found, sorry.

Is there a way fo ask UEFI for that kind of information?

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250