11.0-RC2 defaultrouter not working with wifi+wpa+static ip

Antonio Vieiro antonio at vieiro.net
Fri Sep 2 09:46:06 UTC 2016

> El 2 sept 2016, a las 0:39, Ben Woods <woodsb02 at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Not sure about your defaultrouter issue, but as for this after note regarding wireless adapters not displaying in ifconfig before their wlan cloned device is created, this is the expected behaviour in FreeBSD 11.
>
> It was changed with commit r287197:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=287197

Maybe this is the problem. If I run

	service routing restart

after boot I do get the defaultrouter set correctly on the wlan interface.

Maybe there should be a way to rerun /etc/rc.d/routing after wpa_supplicant stablishes a connection, but I don’t know how to do that.

I also tried setting defaultroute_delay to 30 without success.

Thanks anyway,
Antonio