return from DST did not worked

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Oct 31 08:24:16 UTC 2016

El día Monday, October 31, 2016 a las 07:51:58AM +0000, Matthew Seaman escribió:

> Matthias is correct that having the BIOS clock a.k.a. the CMOS clock
> running UTC is the preferred setting, but even if you don't the system
> will still track daylight savings time changes for you.
>
> There's a cronjob in /etc/crontab that runs adjkerntz(8).  That should
> get run every half hour between midnight and 5.00am each night, which
> will detect that it needs to update the CMOS clock on the two occasions
> each year when the clocks change...
>
> If the OP doesn't leave his system running overnight, then that will not
> happen, and the time will get set an hour out on reboot in the morning.
> If this is what happened, then it should suffice to set the kernel clock
> to the correct time (ie. turn off ntpd(8), use date(1) to get the clock
> within a few seconds of correct, start ntpd(8) and leave it to synch
> properly, then run 'adjkerntz -a')
>
> adjkerntz(8) also should get run as a daemon at system boot if your
> system is set to use local CMOS time, which sets the kernel clock from
> the CMOS clock at bootup, and sets the CMOS clock from the kernel clock
> on shutdown.

I have had localtime in CMOS, and not UTC. And due to the fact that the
system (a netbook) was off betwwen 0 and 5 the job in /etc/crontab did
not got fired. I changed it now to UTC in CMOS (running tzsetup(8) and will
wait for the next DST...

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
1990, when the Russians stood in Germany at river Elbe, we have had peace. Today the