Ipfw+dummynet on Windows 10

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Fri Oct 28 16:41:47 UTC 2016

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 647, Issue 4, Message: 1
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:47:26 +0530 Srikanth Reddy <srikanthkumar.net at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Hi Luzar,
 > Thank you very much for the reply.
 > i am just seeking help on the issue everywhere.

I noticed your similar messages recently to freebsd-ipfw at freebsd.org,
from youtself and also from Kulamani.

Part of the problem there may have been lack of detail, so it wasn't
quite clear - to me anyway - what you had and had not tried ..

 > posted in Microsoft portal as well as we re not sure whether the
 > compatibility can be achieved by modifying ipfw+dummynet  or Windows
 > settings.
 >
 > http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/not-able-to-add-a-network-service-inf-file-in/d63b6a5f-61e5-4fce-b749-d753f9af80e3

Whereas in that post you gave a lot more detail in windows-speak that
someone familiar with using ipfw+dummynet on Windows would appreciate,
given that is most likely a fairly small number of people.

 > Please help us if you can think of any solution.

I know nothing about anything on Windows, but do know that Luigi (cc'd)
has posted help to other people seeking similar information, and vaguely
noticed mention of recent problems with getting drivers suitably signed.

Perhaps try asking again on freebsd-ipfw at freebsd.org, providing as much
detail as possible, and assuming that noone has seen previous posts.

The wipfw Ernie mentions below was earlier than the more recent windows
ipfw builds, but did contribute to development, IIRC ..

Good luck,

Ian